Seven of Magabala Books' titles have been shortlisted for the 2018 Speech Pathology Australia Book of the Year Awards.
The shortlisted titles and their respective categories are:
Birth to three years
• At the Beach I See by Kamsani Bin Salleh
• At the Zoo I See by Joshua Button and Robyn Wells
• In the City I See by Tori-Jay Mordey
Five to eight years
• Molly the Pirate by Lorraine Teece, illlustrated by Paul Seden
Eight to ten years
• Alfred's War by Rachel Bin Salleh, illlustrated by Samantha Fry
• Benny Bungarra's Big Bush Clean-Up by Sally Morgan, illustrated by Ambelin Kwaymullina
• Mrs White and the Red Desert by Josie Wowolla Boyle, illustrated by Maggie Prewett
The Speech Pathology Australia Book of the Year Awards aim to ‘promote quality Australian books that help children get the best, most literate start in life’. The books shortlisted are judged on their ‘appeal to children, interactive quality and ability to assist speech pathologists and parents in communication and literacy development’.
Congratulations to all our shortlisted authors and illustrators. The shortlisted books are now being judged against criteria relevant to each category by a panel of experts in oral language and literacy development. The winners in each of the five categories will be announced on Friday, 9th November 2018.
Read more about the awards here.